Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T #3


For my C4T #3 posts I was assigned to comment on Matthew Tabor's "education for the aughts."

The first post I read was titled "The Education Community Can't Read or Researach". I would highly suggest going and reading this post by Mr. Tabor. It is so unique and there is a lot to this aritcle that I think would be beneficial for aspiring teachers to see!

This is the comment I left for Mr. Tabor:

Hi Mr. Tabor,
My name is Kristen Phelps and I’m currently in Dr. Stanges’ EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I’ve been assigned to comment on your blog! I have to say that this was one of the most interesting and straight forward posts that I’ve seen this semester. I have to admire how subtle yet blunt you are. We have done several projects this semester about how extremely important it is for us (as prospective teachers) to make sure that we do research and lead our students to credible sources. I find it interesting that so many teachers jumped on board with this topic with out doing SOME research first. I really enjoyed reading this post and all of its comments. Thanks for sharing!

The second post of Mr. Tabor's that I commented on was "Best Education Sites Maps College Web Design, Utility". In the post he talked about colleges using social networking and the internet in general for marketing to students. He included a website- "Best Education Sites". I would highly recommend checking this website out! It has a lot of cool stuff on it in regards to internet usage, what colleges have the most "followers" on Twitter, and things like that!

This is the comment I left for Mr. Tabor:

Hi Mr. Tabor,
My name is Kristen Phelps and I’m currently in Dr. Stanges’ EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I’ve been assigned to comment on your blog! Considering that I'm still in college, I understand this article oh, so well. It was only 3 years ago that I had the joy of being harassed via snail mail by colleges! :) I have noticed though, that colleges have really jumped on board with social networking through things such as Facebook, Twitter, and their own personal websites. Sometimes I feel like everywhere I turn I have a "Check us out on Facebook" sign staring me in the face! I checked out the "Best Education Sites" link from your post and I have to say that I thought it was REALLY interesting! I'm going to put a link to it on my blog for my classmates and hopefully my teacher to take a look at! I think they would all find it interesting as well. Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment