Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Assignment #9


Mr. McClung's "What I Learned This Year (2009-10)" and "What I Learned This Year (2010-11)".

For this blog assignment I chose Mr. McClung's June 15th 2010 "What I Learned This Year (2009-10)" and his June 23, 2011 "What I Learned This Year (2010-11)" to read and write on. I think the concept of the "What I Learned This Year" posts is such a good idea. Not only because its a great way to self reflect but it can also help other teachers and prospective teachers out by giving them an idea of what to expect. I loved Mr. McChung's honesty in his posts. He wasn't afraid to admit when he was having a hard time with something.
It was clear to me that Mr. McClung grew a lot as a teacher from the "What I Learned This Year (2009-10)" to the "What I Learned This Year (2010-11)". Although, there were significant differences between both years. One being that in the 2009-10 school year he was a social studies/history teacher and in the 2010-11 school year he was a computer applications teacher. It was interesting to me that though teaching history/social studies and teaching computer applications, are two very different "subjects" Mr. McClung still had the same enthusiasm. Personally, I think that's what makes an amazing teacher. That no matter what subject you happen to teach, you need to be enthusiastic. If we as teachers don't act excited or interested in teaching a certain subject...how can we expect students to be excited about learning it?

1 comment:

  1. Great post, i enjoyed reading Mr.McClung's blogs. I also liked Mr. McClung's honesty in his blogs, it rare that you will find teachers who will tell you what happens and things you should watch out for when you began teaching.

    ReplyDelete