Sunday, November 13, 2011

C4K #10 - Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog


Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog

WOW! Mrs. Yollis and her 3rd graders are truly amazing! Their classroom blog alone has had 75,679 visitors, EDM310's has had 48,860. In my opinion, that's awesome for a 3rd grade classroom blog! I understand why though, the blog is filled with cool stuff. One of the things I liked most about Mrs. Yollis' blog was that she uses tons of videos! Her students have uploaded videos that pertain to certain assignments and Mrs. Yollis has several instructional videos, for example, the "How to Comment" video. When you go into the "Classroom Website" on the left sidebar there are 25 different tabs that include the students spelling list, math help and a "my homework" section! This is such a great way to connect parents to the classroom! Also, this can help the parents help the children. It's really a win-win for everyone! I saw where Mrs. Yollis' class does different types of Skype sessions. Two types in particular were "Share and Compare" and "Mystery Skype". I'm sure they're great ways to learn but they also look like tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment