Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T #1

pencil


I was assigned to Audrey Watters Blog - Mind/Shift (How we will learn) for my first C4T. I read and commented on two of Audrey Watters posts including,"12 Ways To Be More Search Savvy" and "How Project Gutenberg Changed Literature."
"12 Ways To Be More Search Savvy" talked about Google and how it has made it possible for us to be able to search things easily and almost instantly. Mrs. Watters also went on to talk about the ways to be more efficient with your Google searches. Listing many tips on shortcuts and ways to get better search results using Google. I left Mrs. Watters the following comment:

Hello! I'm Kristen Phelps from the University of South Alabama. I'm taking EDM 310 with Dr. Strange and I was assigned to your blog! I was just having a conversation with a lady I work with on Friday about using Google. I was trying to explain to her how to look things up and made the comment that, I'm not sure how I looked things up before Google. So many times I ask my boyfriend for help with something and most times his answer to me is, Google it. I depend on Google a lot on my computer at work, I work for a Neurologist and there are tons of diagnosis's that I have to look up because I don't have a clue what they mean. I thought this was really informational and I will absolutely be using some of these tips!

The other post that I read and commented on was Mrs. Watters "How Project Gutenberg Changed Literature." This post was about the passing of Michael Hart the creator of Project Gutenberg, which dealt with the digitization of books for the public, or eBooks. He died at the young age of 64, which is truly a shame for someone who had a true grasp of the importance of technology and preserving the written past. For this post I left Mrs. Watters the following comment:

Hello! I'm Kristen Phelps from the University of South Alabama.
I'm taking EDM 310 with Dr. Strange and I was assigned to your blog! To be
honest I wasn't aware of Mr. Hart or Project
Gutenberg before I read this post. After reading this though, it is extremely
sad that such an influential man died so young. What
an intelligent man he was to have said, "twenty or 30 years from now, there’s going to be some gizmo that
kids carry around in their back pocket that has everything in it — including
our books, if they want.” He was defiantly a man that could think far beyond his time and see into the future of technology. I really enjoyed reading this article and learning about Mr. Hart and Project Gutenberg. Thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment